How do I check available dates?
Contact an Event Specialist via our contact form or by telephone at (731) 376-0882.
How do I hold a date?
You will have ten business days from the date that your contract is issued to return the signed contract and the required deposits. During this time your date is on-hold. Once the ten days expire your date will be released.
Do I have exclusive use of Lone Oaks Farm? Are we restricted to certain areas?
The Farm has several venues for meetings and special events, and more than one venue may be in use on any particular day. You will have exclusive access to your venue during the day of your event, but other areas of the Farm may be restricted depending on other events. Contact your Event Specialist for more details.
Who will be responsible for running the event?
Our staff does not provide wedding planning services and we highly recommend that you engage a professional wedding planner for your event at Lone Oaks Farm
Do you have a minimum number of guests for a special event?
There is no minimum number of guests required. Our venues are suitable for groups as small as 30 and as many as 200.
Do you have spaces for indoor and outdoor events?
Many special events take advantage of the Farm’s natural beauty and take place outdoors, typically near the venue for the reception. Indoor ceremonies are possible at The Sale Barn. Ask your Event Specialist for more details.
What happens if we plan an outdoor event and it rains?
We will move your event to an alternate location, depending on your number of guests. A tent may be required and is not included in the venue price.
Are you open all year? Do you offer discounts?
The farm is open all year. March through November is the high season and dates are at a premium. We do not discount our rates under normal circumstances.
Are my rental rates guaranteed?
Rates are always subject to change. However, once a contract is signed, your price is locked in.
Are we required to set up and tear down chairs and tables for our special event or meeting? Who is responsible for clean up?
Set-up and tear-down of tables and chairs is done by the client (you). You and your vendors (catering, florist, etc.) are required to take down all items from your event and dispose of trash. We ask that you take all of your personal items immediately at the end of your event, Your vendors typically will handle all of their own set-up and tear-down. Speak with them about your details.
How long do we have to use the venue and are there set times for special events and meetings?
Your contract will specify an “in-time” and an “out-time.” Events times begin no earlier than 10:00 AM and end no later than 11:59 PM. All persons involved with an event are required to clear the house and grounds by the contract “out-time” to avoid overtime charges. Vendors are required to cleared from the property by 1:00 AM to avoid any overtime charges.
Do you have private bride and groom suites?
A Bride Suite (Sale Barn Apartment) and a Groom Suite (Stable Apartment) are included with the venue. Please see the specific venue pages for details on the location of each suite.
Are decorations included in the venues?
Can I have candles?
LED candles only. As the Farm is some what remote, fire prevention is a major concern. Outdoor candles, fireworks, sparklers and other similar items are prohibited.
Can we provide our own flowers and decorations?
Of course! There is no cooler for flowers.
Do we have to hire a florist?
You do not have to hire a florist if you are certain you will be able to enjoy your day and handle the flowers too! Things such as draping, lighting, sound and other services must be provided by professionals however.
Are tables, chairs, and linens included?
Venue packages include 12 tables and 100 chairs. Any damages to tables or chairs will be deducted form your security deposit.
Is ample parking available for my guests?
The farm has ample, free self-parking for your guests.
Can we have music and dancing?
Amplified music must end one half hour prior to your event end time. Indoor dance floor spaces are available at The Sale Barn. Dance floors (portable) are not included in your venue rental fee.
Do you offer children’s programs or babysitting?
Events at Lone Oaks Farm are typically adult only affairs. All minors must be under direct supervision of parents or guardians at all times.
Do you provide time for a wedding rehearsal before the wedding?
Your Event Specialist and Staff will make arrangements with you for your rehearsal needs.
Can I choose my own caterer?
Yes. No cooking is to be done at the venue.
Is alcohol allowed? Can we have a bar?
You may bring alcohol to the Farm to be served to your guests. All bar beverages must be served at all times by a licensed bartender with an up to date TABC Server Permit. Guests may not bring their own alcohol (BYOB) or serve themselves and cash bars are not permitted. Due to strict laws concerning the serving of alcohol, it is the bartender’s responsibility to ensure that no alcoholic beverages are served to guests less than 21 years of age. All event hosts and bartenders must indemnify Lone Oaks Farm from liability and responsibility associated with providing alcohol or they will not be permitted to serve at the event. The bar must close 30 minutes prior to the event end time, or no later than 11:30PM, and all alcohol must be removed from the property immediately following the event.
Do you have a smoking policy?
Smoking is permitted in approved areas only. Smoking indoors or outside of a designated smoking area will result in a $1,000 fine.
What is your deposit and payment policy?
50% of the contract amount plus $500 security deposit must be paid when you sign the contract to reserve your date. The balance and any other fees are due 30 days before your event date. Please ask for more details and refer to your event agreement.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
Please ask for more details and refer to your event agreement. Generally, refunds for events are not available.
What happens if we change our meeting or special event date?
Speak to your Event Specialist immediately to get more information about date changes.
How will we plan my event?
Within ten business days of an event contract being issued you will have to return the signed contract with 50% of the venue fee plus the damage deposit. You may use a credit card for all or part of the payment. Once this is in place we will schedule a meeting with you to discuss your food, beverage, and other needs. At 30 days before your event the final payment will be due. At this time we will coordinate any last minute details and work out any issues with your event.
Lone Oaks Farms Rules
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside Lone Oaks at all times. Evidence of smoking at the event shall result in a fine of up to $1,000 at the sole discretion of Lone Oaks Farm.
- Culinary service at Lone Oaks must be provided by a caterer.
- Liquor liability insurance and ABC-accredited bartenders are required for any liquor service during the Event and the responsibility of the Licensee. Licensee warrants that alcohol will not be served to anyone under 21 years of age, nor will alcohol be served to anyone visibly intoxicated.
- No kegs indoors.
- Any food, drink and other spills must be cleaned up immediately by Licensee or Licensee’s vendor. Licensee agrees to pay any supplemental cleaning charges necessitated by the Event.
- Licensee or Licensee’s vendors must provide all necessary labor, supplies, tools, and equipment for the installation of decorations. All decorations must be approved before installation by University or designee to ensure compliance with applicable safety and fire regulations. Any damage to buildings, structures, or equipment by installation of unapproved decorations shall be the responsibility of the Licensee.
- Nails, screws, tacks, or tape may not be used on the floors or walls of any Lone Oaks building or structure. With the exception of ordinary wear and tear, Licensee is responsible for any damages to the facility caused by Licensee, Licensee’s vendors, patrons, and guests.
- The use of glitter, rice, birdseed, confetti, Easter grass and items/decorations of this nature are not allowed inside or outside the facility.
- Helium balloons are welcomed only INSIDE (due to potential damage to livestock and wildlife) but are subject to a clean-up fee if they are released into the ceiling without being retrieved prior to Licensee’s departure.
- Real flower petals may not be thrown inside any building. Only artificial flower petals may be thrown inside.
- No pyrotechnics (sparklers, fireworks, or similar items) are permitted at Lone Oaks Farm.
- Possession of weapons, including, but not limited to, guns and knives is strictly prohibited.
- Licensee must adhere to all applicable County and State fire regulations, including maximum capacity of facility and maintaining clear and easily identifiable paths to all exits.
- Requests to change room temperature will be honored only from the Licensee’s designated contact person, not from attendees or exhibitors.
- Only venue personnel will have keys to the facility, and there will be University personnel on duty (on-site management or maintenance) to lock or unlock any areas needed. This is for the security of your Event and cannot be deviated from for any reason.
Valid as of March 1, 2016 per University of Tennessee Facility Agreement. Subject to change without notice. Please contact your Event Specialist for guidance if required.
Lone Oaks Farm Event Policies
The staff of Lone Oaks Farm looks forward to working with you to make your event worry and stress-free. Please confirm all policies with your Event Specialist prior to arranging for any services or activities.
- All events are based on access time from 10am to 12am (midnight) plus one (1) hour for any additional cleanup.
- Events must conclude by 11:59PM, with break down and clean up concluding by 1AM. Extension of time must be arranged for in advance and may require additional hourly fee. All equipment and rentals must be removed by 10:00AM on the day after your event or by 10:00AM Monday following a Saturday or Sunday event.
- Rehearsals, where applicable, are limited to two hours based on availability and scheduled by Lone Oaks Farm.
- Events are not required to have any additional insurance. You may want to consider purchasing event insurance however. Please speak to your own insurance agent
- All vendors working on the property must provide a Certificate of General Liability Insurance
- We highly recommend the use of a professional event or wedding planner or day-of coordinator for all weddings and receptions(subject to approval).
- All alcoholic beverages are to be served by ABC permitted wait staff only. No self service of alcohol is permitted at any time.
- All guests and vendors are required to adhere to posted Venue Boundary’ and ‘Private Area” signage. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Smoking is permitted in designated and marked areas only. Smoking in any area not designated as such can result in a $1,000 fine.
- Open fires, BBQs, sparklers, pyrotechnics, fireworks and torches are not allowed
- The use of fireplaces or fire pits, where available as a part of the venue, will be arranged for prior to event and will be set-up by Lone Oaks Farm staff members only. Cooking of any sort over a fireplace or fire pit is prohibited
- Bubble send-offs are allowed. Birdseed, rice, confetti of any kind, sparklers, and real or artificial flowers are not allowed for send-offs.
- All music must be kept at a reasonable level. The use of outdoor sound system speakers must conclude no later than 10 pm. If sound continues after 10pm it must be contained indoors.
Food, Beverage and Décor Policies
- All alcoholic beverages are to be served by ABC permitted wait staff only. No self-service of alcohol is permitted at any time.
- Caterer is responsible for the one-time setup and takedown. Changes or resetting areas between ceremony and reception may incur additional charges.
- Caterer is responsible for removing all trash from premises at conclusion of event.
- Helium balloons are only allowed inside due to danger to the livestock and wildlife at Lone Oaks Farm.
- No stapling, tacking or affixing any material to any walls, posts, doors or trees. With the exception of ordinary wear and tear, Licensee is responsible for any damages to the facility caused by Licensee, Licensee’s vendors, patrons, and guests.
- No pyrotechnics (sparklers, fireworks, or similar items) are permitted at Lone Oaks Farm.
- All equipment and rental items must be removed from the venue no later than 10 a.m. on the day following the event (10:00AM Monday for Saturday or Sunday events).
- No overnight storage or parking is available without prior approval.
- No overnight lodging is permitted without prior arrangement, approval and payment.
- Lone Oaks Farm does not have dollies, carts, ladders or lifts on site, please plan accordingly.
- All deliveries of any kind must be arranged and coordinated through the Event Specialist.
Note: Policies are subject to change or update at the discretion of Lone Oaks Farm. For full list of current policies or questions, please contact your Event Specialist.